Considering the bulging waistlines we see around us, weight loss is something a majority of people around the world are interested in. There are a million diets that are being thrown at us in cyber space and we are trying to grab all of them with our chubby hands! But, are there any super foods that aid weight loss? Imagine, no calorie restrictions, no running on the treadmill for hours everyday, just some weight loss foods to help you win the battle of the bulge!
First you must understand that loading up on a particular food will not make you lose weight by itself. But again, there are some special foods that are good for the body and which help keeping the total number of calories down, thus causing significant weight loss.
Some foods that aid weight loss are fresh natural foods, fire-rich foods, low-fat foods, low- calorie foods, foods low in sodium and refined sugars. Everyone knows about them. Following are a few little-known foods which will help you lose weight.
- Grapefruit: Research has made this food a reliable weight loss food. People eating half a grapefruit before meals have been reported to lose significant amounts of weight.
- Grass-fed beef: Contrary to popular belief, meat is good for you if you are trying to lose weight. Meat has a lot of proteins that will keep you full longer and help you lose weight. Grass-fed beef will also be free of steroids, antibiotics and hormones.
- Sardines: This is a great food. It is protein-rich, it stimulates the metabolism, it stabilizes the blood sugar and it keeps you full. It is available easily and is cheap as well. So stock up!
- Green tea: Drinking green tea regularly aids digestion, stimulates the metabolism, regulates blood sugar levels and speeds up fat oxidation. If you want to lose weight, this could be the key.
- Pumpkin: This high-fiber simple food has very few calories which makes it the perfect weight loss food. The great thing about it is that it is easy to prepare and delicious to eat!
- Fruits and vegetables: Yes, your granny was right! Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables is not only healthy, it also helps you lose weight. They are naturally low- in calories and the high fiber content will keep you away from that bag of chips!
- Wholegrain food: Foods like whole-wheat pasta, oatmeal, muesli, brown bread, etc. are good for you if you want to lose weight the proper way. They will also help you maintain your weight.
- Fresh fish: High in Omega 3 and filled with the goodness of proteins, fresh fish is healthy and you can cook it in various ways to keep monotony at bay.
Don’t make weight loss painful to yourself and the people around you by starving yourself and punishing your body. Instead opt for a healthy lifestyle with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. The most important thing is to be happy. Losing weight the right way is not that hard, only if you have discipline. So eat right and stay fit.